Ler mensagens sem resposta | Pesquisar por tópicos ativos Bem-vindo: 18.04.2024(Qui)21:10

Responder  [ 24 mensagens ]  Ir para página 1, 2, 3  Próximo
 Como manter a D. burmanii por vários anos 
Autor Mensagem
Destaque

Mensagem Como manter a D. burmanii por vários anos
Pessoal, aí vai um artigo de como manter a D. burmanii por vários anos, mas oo artigo está em inglês:

Keeping your D. burmanii alive year in year out
Drosera burmanii is found in tropical climates including Malaysia and it is considered an annual plant, meaning it grows for only a couple of months in the year during the rainy season and dies off after it flowers and when the soil dries up. When the next rainy season comes, the seeds from the previous season will germinate and the cycle repeats itself.

However, I have found that D. burmanii can be kept alive and thriving for years and does not need to die after flowering. Here’s the trick:

Do not let the plant flower when it is still a small plantlet as flowering uses a lot of resources from the plant. This will cause them to die after flowering. Cut off it’s flower stalk when it is about to shoot up. When is is about the size of a 20 cent coin (RM) or just a little smaller than 1 inch in diameter, you may allow it to grow its first flower stalk. What I do at this time is to feed my D. burmanii regularly to help replenish its energy. At the same time make sure it get lots of sunlight and clean water.

Once the flower blooms I increase its feeding routine daily. Basically I feed it as much as I could without causing the leaves to rot from over feeding. Small ants fed to them constantly and daily works well. The ants are small and they get digested within 24 hours so I can feed again immediately after that and I can place a few ants in one leaf. Dried cubifex worms also works well if you cannot find ants in your house. You can get these from fish shops. My plants seem to love them, but it must be given in very small quantities.

Usually, D. burmanii will continuously give out flower stalks, sometimes as much as 2-3 flower stalks at a time. Cut off new flower stalks that grows right after you allow it to flower and set seed. This is to allow it to reuperate. Usually I cut off the next 2 consecutive flower stalk after it’s first flower allowing the third flower stalk to grow. Then I repeat the whole process again.

So far non of my D. burmanii dies when I do this. I find that they do not die this way and can be kept for many years. At the same time you’ll have a constant supply of seeds. If the seeds do not germinate for me, I am not worried as I still have the mother plant with me and I can always wait for the next batch of seeds and try again.

After a couple of years your D. burmanii will look elongated and above the ground as the old leaves dies and new leaves grow on top of it. My good friend Tiong Soon calls his… D. burmanii aka “coconut tree”! You can just add more media to fill up the pot until it covers the old leaves… and… Walla!… it looks like a D. burmanii again.

Fonte: http://www.petpitcher.com/drosera/keeping-your-d-burmanii-alive-year-in-year-out/

Hase -> Eduardo
Growlist/Wishlist

15.07.2010(Qui)10:34

Mensagem 
Seria interessante uma burmannii coqueiro... ehehehe... Alguem já fez testes? Será que rola mesmo?

Falows...

J4ck_666: Jack Edson | Growlists & Wishlists

15.07.2010(Qui)11:50

Mensagem 
Legal... Queria ver a foto da D. burmanii do jeito que o carinha falou no fim do texto.
Pelo que entendí, é só cortar a flor dela quando ela for ainda pequena e alimentá-la. estou certo?
Acho que vou comprar esse tubifex já que não tenho formigas e ele é tããão útil...

Meu blog junto com o Vitor Meireles de plantas carnívoras:
http://carnivorastop.blogspot.com/

15.07.2010(Qui)12:06
Perfil Visitar website do usuário
Destaque

Mensagem 
Vou tentar aqui e mostro se der certo...

Hase -> Eduardo
Growlist/Wishlist

16.07.2010(Sex)21:22

Mensagem 
parece interessante se der certo mas.... eu não teria paciencia de fazer tudo isso pra manter uma pobre burmanii viva =/

sei la, alimentar todo dia.... omfg

17.07.2010(Sáb)3:13
Perfil ICQ

Mensagem 
Verdade... Além de que o tubifex deve ser mais caro que a própria D. burmanii... Acho que seria legal ter ele pra alimentar outras plantas, como D. capensis, algumas nepenthes...

Meu blog junto com o Vitor Meireles de plantas carnívoras:
http://carnivorastop.blogspot.com/

17.07.2010(Sáb)11:50
Perfil Visitar website do usuário
Destaque

Mensagem 
André Fabri escreveu:
parece interessante se der certo mas.... eu não teria paciencia de fazer tudo isso pra manter uma pobre burmanii viva =/

sei la, alimentar todo dia.... omfg

Deve dar trabalho, e ainda mais para burmannii, mas é legal só como uma técnica mesmo.

Hase -> Eduardo
Growlist/Wishlist

17.07.2010(Sáb)12:49
Destaque

Mensagem 
Eu tentei, mas não tem mais formigas... E dá muito trabalho...

Hase -> Eduardo
Growlist/Wishlist

31.07.2010(Sáb)14:39

Mensagem 
:evil: alguem ai tradus :evil:

31.07.2010(Sáb)15:08
Destaque

Mensagem 
Google tradutor...

Hase -> Eduardo
Growlist/Wishlist

31.07.2010(Sáb)15:28