Ler mensagens sem resposta | Pesquisar por tópicos ativos Bem-vindo: 27.05.2024(Seg)23:47

Responder  [ 21 mensagens ]  Ir para página Anterior  1, 2, 3
 unidade de resfriamneto para pc's 
Autor Mensagem
Destaque

Mensagem 
bomdia foristas,

Miguel Pandini :
Citação:
But, I only can't understand a little thing: why Nepenthes X hookeriana (an extreme lowland hybrid, from warm places) would need refrigeration to grow...?

I didn't said that anywhere, but you are right, a N.X Hookeriana doesn't need night cooling : I grow mine outside, in the open "green house", now.
but if you live in a cold country, like me as I was in France, then you need a warm terrarium for your plants.

you need a difference of the temperature between night and day (average of 15°C is perfect) for :
- Nepenthes sp. , comming from high altitude, as said in the message before
- Nepenthes sp. coming from intermediate altitude, of course only the hight altitude clones
- Heliamphora sp. , but some species thrive well at 20 to 25°C
- some highland Utricularia, depending from were they come

in fact, the "problem" is to provide to your plants a difference of temperature, and this year round.
if you live in a place were the average of temperature between night and day is "important", like day = 35°C , night 20°C , then you wont need a cooling system...in Europe, we have different seasons, and if we want to grow these specialized plants witch need a year-round equal day-night temperature average, then we have to build such a system...it's a must.

by the way : it's the same problem if you want to grow Sarracenia sp. or Drosera sp. from Europe or Canada for example. of course, the "installation" to overwinter your plants will consist in a little box stored in a compartment of your fridge...it's smaller, but the problem is the same :roll:

everything depend on one factor : were do you live, and what are the conditions you'll be able to give to your plants ?
if natural conditions are not "enough", then you have to use artificial skills...no choice :?

you must also consider one thing : what is the value of your collection ? what are the plants for you ? if they are important for you, and if you want to see them growing well, then you will have to give them the special conditions that they demand...another question : how much cost one highland Nepenthes ? in Europe, for some rare plants you can pay up to 150 to 200 euro for a small, 3 to 5cm in diameter tall plant...if you have 10, or 20, or 30 plants like these, you will loose many money if your plants die away because of bad life conditions...

19.10.2010(Ter)1:02
Perfil Visitar website do usuário
Responder   [ 21 mensagens ]  Ir para página Anterior  1, 2, 3