Ler mensagens sem resposta | Pesquisar por tópicos ativos Bem-vindo: 10.05.2024(Sex)15:31

Responder  [ 3 mensagens ] 
 1st part: searching for Pinguicula dertosensis 
Autor Mensagem
Destaque

Mensagem 1st part: searching for Pinguicula dertosensis
Following my short introduction when back from Spain, here is the beggining of my report and the first pictures.
After joining us at the botanical garden and a quick visit of the carnivorous greenhouse, we leaved Lyon on wednesday 12th of may in the evening: let's go ahead to Spain. A short night in the Roussillon region talking about carnivorous plants of course and we leaved early in the morning to pass the border between France and Spain by 10.30 AM. The first stop previsted for this fieldtrip was in a montain range along the coast that is called in catalan Les Ports de Beceite e Tortosa. Here is growing a spanish endemic butterwort: Pinguicula dertosensis (Canigueral) G. Mateo Sanz & M.B Crespo Villalba, 1995. the etymology of the name of this species comes from the toponym Dertosa, that was no more than the name of the city of Tortosa during the roman period. So we reached this town by midday. Just time to reach Les Ports et we began ascenting.
Imagem

This butterwort grows on seeping limestone, so that we logically went in direction to the waterfall inside this little calcareous corrie:
Imagem

We lunched below this waterfall but as we haven't finished eating our sandwichs that a big storm broke down. I took my binoculars to take a look to a single non-flowered plant I could see by this waterfall and not willing to take any risk (some streams were becoming quite big in a very short time), we went down very quick under a heavy rain.
Then we drove to the type location of this species. But the storm becoming even more violent and dangerous, streams getting bigger and the weather being previsted to be the same during the next 2 days, we decided to give up searching for this species and we sadly went ahead to the south of Spain.
We didn't see our first previsted Pinguicula species. But fortunately, as you will see in the following posts, the next days were full of magnificient surpises.

Regards

Aymeric

Editado pela última vez por kisscool_38 em 12.07.2010(Seg)17:57, em um total de 2 vezes.

12.07.2010(Seg)15:20
Destaque

Mensagem 
Nice to know a bit about the history of the site and where you went, that beautiful place.
Very cool your experience, and it is a pity that the rain had hampered their possible discovery.

12.07.2010(Seg)17:18
Perfil Visitar website do usuário
Site Admin

Mensagem 
Olá Aymeric,

ví esse tópico no CPUK e aguardava ansiosamente pela segunda parte,
que bom que você lembrou de nós do PCBR e postou aqui.

Eu recebi sementes de P. dertosensis, foi de você? Ela está agora em dormência,
espero que produza flores na primavera.

Um abraço.

12.07.2010(Seg)19:26
Perfil Visitar website do usuário
Responder   [ 3 mensagens ]