Ler mensagens sem resposta | Pesquisar por tópicos ativos Bem-vindo: 28.04.2024(Dom)18:30

Responder  [ 17 mensagens ]  Ir para página Anterior  1, 2
 Identificada: Genlisea filiformis 
Autor Mensagem
Destaque

Mensagem Re: Identificada: Genlisea filiformis
Carlos,

I think it's time for a Warsteiner !

oh dear, I held my belly as I saw your answer....pfiuuuu.....I'm still laughing while i'm writing, I have to type every word 2 times !

raaaaa !!!!

See my GROWLIST here !

14.04.2012(Sáb)22:33
Perfil Visitar website do usuário
Destaque

hi all,

holly crap ! I just came from the toilets, I was about to pee in my pants !
Carlos, I'm so sorry for you....my belly is hurting, I laughed too much. holly sh....t !

Fernando : very interesting answer you give here...many thanks for it.
Andreas told me about the difficulties concerning the I.D.ing of the plants from the G.pygmaea complex (if i can call it like that).

but the most interesting part of your answer Fernando was about the existence of G.pygmaea in Fr.Guyana....I asked myself the same question (see my previous message) ; I must say that it's pretty strange that I, a guy with no special skills about plants, is able to discover "new" species (for F.G.) on that easy way is "too much"....

ok, I have a good noose to discover CP stations (I found the first station from 2009 by a strange way : i stopped my car 265 km from home, i said t myself "here must be someting, and indeed I found something...) , but finding new species ? no, in my eyes there is a problem in the herbariums....

let time pass, and we'll see.

Citação:
Don't worry, we will convince Andreas! ;)

I gona post on the german forum, and I'm very interested of what will be answered.

plant identification is a very interesting hobby...thanks for introducing me in this world ;-)

many thanks again to you both, Paulo and Fernando, to help me solve this mysterium.

See my GROWLIST here !

14.04.2012(Sáb)23:05
Moderador

Patrice,

>but the most interesting part of your answer Fernando was about the existence of G.pygmaea in Fr.Guyana....I asked myself the same question (see my previous message) ;

I don't even remember if something from the pygmaea grows in Fr.G or not, but I wouldn't be surprised since so many taxa grow in that general region.

>I must say that it's pretty strange that I, a guy with no special skills about plants, is able to discover "new" species (for F.G.) on that easy way is "too much"....

It's not strange when you're in the tropics, hahaha! There are so many species and most are so understudied, that even beginners find amazing things. :) One of my new Drosera species was found growing on a hillside inside our capital city of Brasília. Damn, I miss the tropics...

>ok, I have a good noose to discover CP stations (I found the first station from 2009 by a strange way : i stopped my car 265 km from home, i said t myself "here must be someting, and indeed I found something...) , but finding new species ? no, in my eyes there is a problem in the herbariums....

I'm glad to know that you're developing "CP detector vision". The more habitats you visit, the better you get. I'm sure you're surrounded by rare and new species just waiting to be found.

Good luck and keep posting the pics here (preferably in the "In Habitat" section, even if you don't know the names).

Best Wishes,
Fernando

15.04.2012(Dom)1:21
Destaque

ola todos,

Citação:
I'm glad to know that you're developing "CP detector vision". The more habitats you visit, the better you get. I'm sure you're surrounded by rare and new species just waiting to be found

for shure, the more one's trained, the more he's squilled. but it's always surprising when it happens....having that kind of connection to the environnnement is rather strange...don't forget that I lived in a country where the contact to nature was close to zero : technology and hard science is our "god", if I can say that : france is the country of Descartes, who says that an animal acts like a machine, and that everything can be calculated, even humans....
discovering plants that way is like having knowledge like a peasant. strange, but pleasant.
(don't worry, I'm not hearing voices in my head...I still believe in science)

there are certainly some interesting plants to discover, but "many" new species ? hum, I think you are very optimistic...fr.guyana is a small country, compared to Brazil.
but I hope you are right, and who knows, maybe one day I find something new.

Citação:
but I wouldn't be surprised since so many taxa grow in that general region.

this is your vision : the vision of a scientist, with many knowledge.
for myself, I have still many to learn...but you are right, the center of diversity of south-america is not to far away...

I thank you again for all your interest, and read your news and answers with many interests.
thank you for all the work you are doing for us.

See my GROWLIST here !

16.04.2012(Seg)21:42
Moderador

Thank YOU Patrice for sharing your discoveries with us and keep up the good work! ;)

Best wishes,
Fernando

16.04.2012(Seg)23:29
Destaque

ola todos,

this plant was found growing on an Inselberg situated in the extreme southern part of French Guyana by a scientific mission ; the most interesting information about this plant is the fact that this Inselberg station may be a relict station from ancient times, during wich this area of the Amazonian forest was in fact a dry corridor of savanas wich joined Surinam, about 15 to 20 000 years ago... (Une Saison en Guyane, edited 08/2012, book #9)

See my GROWLIST here !

09.10.2012(Ter)0:29
Moderador

Which plant are you talking about Patrice?

09.10.2012(Ter)1:13
Responder   [ 17 mensagens ]  Ir para página Anterior  1, 2